Our research is focused on the following priorities:
- Recent climate changes,
- Climate impact studies in agriculture,
- Impact of climate change on field and fruit crops,
- Physiological investigations, related to the release of dormancy of fruit crops,
- Phenological studies,
- Phenological modelling,
- Climate change and shifts in plant development,
- Influence of weather and climate on growth, development and yield formation of field crops and fruit trees,
- Water use of field crops and modelling of soil water budged.
Research basis for these investigations are the Agrometeorological Field Experiment, which was established in 1953 and the Experimental Sweet Cherry Orchard at Berlin-Dahlem.
Chmielewski FM, Köhn W (1999) The long-term agrometeorological field experiment at Berlin-Dahlem. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 96:39-48